What do we bring?
Selecting the proper clothing for your Northern Lightscanoe trip will assure your comfort no matter what Mother Nature brings. We recommend the following items:
- Light weight hikingboots for portaging
- Canvas sneakers for around camp
- 2 sets long sleeved shirt & pants as protection for bugs and sun
- One pair shorts and t-shirt
- Wind proof jacket or shell
- Cotton gloves
- Rain suit/poncho
- Cap with visor
- Two extra pair of socks
- Swim suit
- Towel, wash cloth & toiletry items
- Fishing equipment
- Flashlight with new batteries (one per tent)
- First Aid kit
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Camera and film in a water proof inflatable bag
- Insect repellent
The most important item you take along on your trip will be your rain suit. Your rain suit will not only protect you from rain, but also act as a wind resistant layer and an additional layer of warmth in cold weather.
Wool socks, fingerless gloves and sweaters also provide extra warmth even when they become damp. We do not recommend cotton as it tends to hold moisture close to the skin causing a chilling effect. Hiking boots or work shoes that are water-resistant keep feet warm and dry when portaging.